Parent & Tot Learn to Skate
Lace up and learn to skate! With the help of Evergreen's skilled instructors, you and your tot will be gliding around the rink in no time.
Lace up and learn to skate! With the help of Evergreen's skilled instructors, you'll be gliding around the outdoor rink in no time, while building skills and confidence in the great outdoors.
Parent and Tot classes are geared toward children 4-6 years old who want to learn to skate for the first time.
A parent or guardian must accompany the child. The guardian does not have to be a family member but must be an adult.
Sessions generally involve a short group warm up, a circuit that skaters can follow with their caregiver while the instructor floats around to each child to work on specific skills. Each lesson will end with a cool-down.
Parent and Tot skate lessons are approximately 30 minutes in length. Sessions are 8 weekly lessons in total, except for the condensed session in December which is 3 weekly lessons. To register for a session, please visit CampBrain.
What to Wear
- A CSA-approved helmet is mandatory for all ages and levels
- Beginners and children 4–6 years-old must wear a CSA-approved helmet with face mask
- Child must be accompanied by a caregiver, but that caregiver can include guardians or a family member other than a parent
- Skates with laces and hockey skates - plastic skates with clasps and buckles are not recommended (Skates are available to borrow; please inform us you need to rent skates before your lesson)
- Recommended to wear snow pants, gloves and hats
Other skate lessons
In addition to Parent & Tot skate, we offer youth beginner, youth skill builder, adult beginner, adult skill builder, and private lessons. For more information on these lessons, please visit our skating page.
Dates & Times
Next date: January 26, 2019
Tuesdays, 4:00-4:30pm, January 8 to February 26, 2019
Wednesdays, 4:00-4:30pm, January 9 to February 27, 2019
Wednesdays, 4:30-5:00pm, January 9 to February 27, 2019
Wednesdays, 5:00-5:30pm, January 9 to February 27, 2019
Saturdays, 9:20-9:50am, January 5 to February 23, 2019
Sundays, 9:20-9:50am, January 6 to February 24, 2019
Skating Rink at Evergreen Brick Works
550 Bayview Ave, Toronto ON, M4W 3X8
This event is wheelchair-accessible.