Drop your end-of-life electronics. Try swapping instead of shopping at our Swap Mall. Pass on things you don't use, like that funky purse that was never "you," for things you really want, like summer kids clothing, hockey gear or even records! Pick-up one-of-a-kind items from a variety of Swap Stores, contribute to the sharing economy and connect with your community at this cool event.
Presenting Sponsor Recycle My Electronics will be on site to help you recycle your end-of-life electronics in a safe and sustainable way.
How It Works
For each item you drop off you will be given 1 ticket in return. If you bring 10 clothing items, 2 casserole dishes and 1 framed art piece, you will get 13 tickets in return. Each item dropped has equal value.
Please note there is a 25 item maximum. We will NOT accept any more than 25 items. You will be asked to bring additional items home. All items must be gently used, clean, and functional.
- Baby Supplies: Clothes, shoes, blankets, bottles, dishes, toys, & accessories
- Children’s Clothing & Toys: casual wear, outerwear, shoes, accessories, clean & working toys
- Women’s Clothing & Accessories: casual wear, work wear, fancy dress, handbags, jewellery, shoes, suits, jackets, outerwear, athletic wear, jeans, t-shirts, blouses, dresses, skirts, shorts, rompers, dress pants, jumpsuits, hoodies, scarves, hats, vintage items, silk tops, high heels, ballet flats, running sneakers,
- Men’s Clothing & Accessories: casual wear, work wear, suits, dress shirts, t-shirts, jeans, zip-up hoodies, wallets, belts, ties, jewellery, athletic wear, bags, hats, & scarves
- Housewares & Art: dishes, fine china, utensils, small appliances like blenders, juicers, bread makers, linens, quilts, lamps, framed art, ceramics, craft supplies, tools, small furniture like coffee tables or chairs
- Media/Entertainment: DVDs, Blurays, video games, books, CDs, cassettes, vinyl records, art supplies, & instruments
- Sports & Recreational Equipment: hockey gear, ski equipment, tennis rackets, soccer balls, skates, golf clubs, nets, free weights, yoga mats, jump ropes, rollerblades, boxing gloves, skateboards, & camping/hiking gear
Have some questions? Click here to check out our helpful FAQs
Location: Children’s Garden
Description: Repair Cafe Toronto wants to get young people started on the road to fixing. The first step to becoming a fixer is to open things up and see what's inside.
A take-apart-table is a an activity for kids of all ages where we take broken things apart to see how they work. Repair Cafe Toronto provides tools and supervision as well as the broken things such as toys, household items and home electronics.
Feel free to bring along anything you might have to open up and investigate!
Partner: Repair Café - A repair cafe is an event where people who love to fix things get together with people who have broken things that they can't fix.
We work together, one on one, to try and bring these broken things back to life. In this way, we hope to teach people how to fix their broken things, how they work and that it is possible to prevent a lot of items from going into the landfill.
Repair Cafe Toronto is part of a worldwide movement that started in Amsterdam in 2009. We have been hosting monthly repair cafe events in Toronto for almost 4 years. If you can carry it then we will try to help you fix it. And it's all free!
Enjoy increased Shuttle Bus service from Broadview Station provided by Mulmer Services Ltd. Buses will run every 15 minutes between 10am and 5pm on April 23.
BMO Atrium, Blake's Room, and Young Welcome Centre at Evergreen Brick Works
550 Bayview Ave, Toronto ON, M4W 3X8
This event is wheelchair-accessible.