Toronto: Animator, Visitor Experience
Application Deadline: October 28, 2019
Start date/term of position: Contract, Part Time
Since 1991, Evergreen, a not-for-profit, has provoked bold action in transforming public landscapes into thriving community spaces. We believe that connecting people, natural and built worlds create flourishing cities for the future. For more than 25 years Evergreen has connected, collaborated, and catalyzed Canadians to do amazing things positively affecting attitudes and behaviours that lie at the core of a sustainable city. For more information visit www.evergreen.ca
This individual will act as the first point of contact for visitors to the site and will deliver on the visitor experience standards to ensure positive guest experiences.
- To provide exceptional customer service to staff, tenants, and the general public.
- To be knowledgeable about the site, its programs and activities and act as an ambassador for Evergreen Brick Works.
- To provide practical information to site visitors, such as directions and locations for facilities; i.e., washrooms, event locations, shuttle buses.
- To offer assistance to guests when required i.e., accessibility issues, ordering taxis, bus services.
- To act as a point of first response for any health and safety issues that may arise on site. To keep a record of any incidents that occur on site.
- To keep records of site usage, evaluation, and client comments and collect informational data from site visitors.
- To ensure Welcome Centre is stocked with appropriate marketing materials for visitors.
- To communicate with administrative offices on any comments or questions in relation to site operations.
- To work in support of our Hospitality Team to ensure event client satisfaction.
- To receive any incoming shipments to the site and communicate to relevant departments.
- Performs other administrative tasks as assigned.
- Performs other duties as reasonably assigned by supervisor.
- Communication. Speak, listen and write in a clear, confident, respectful, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency. Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Cope effectively with complexity and change.
- Leadership: Mobilize teams, lead by example, inspire others to achieve.
- Proactivity/Enthusiasm/Persistence. Act without being told what to do. Passionate and excited over work. Can-do attitude. Tenacious and goes the distance to get something done.
- Analytical/Decision Making/Problem Solving skills. Draw insightful conclusions from information. Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of EG. Assess difficult situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Calm under pressure. Demonstrate composure in stressful situations.
- Customer-focus. Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external customers/donors to meet or exceed their expectations and receives positive feedback from internal and external customers/donors.
- Other. Able to work independently on specific projects
- Supervised by: Sr. Manager, Venue Operations
- Supervises: Volunteers
- Comfort working with individuals of different ages, cultures, backgrounds, and abilities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- 1-3 years of customer service experience.
- Understanding of environmental sustainability and working in the non-profit sector would be an asset.
- Experience working in cultural or heritage settings would be an asset.
- Experience working with and supervising volunteers would be an asset. Computer skills including MS Office, Outlook.
- Responsible, organized and accountable.
- A flexible schedule, with the ability to work some evenings and weekends.
- Current standard first aid & CPR training an asset.
- Part Time Monday - Sunday
- Shifts of 4-8 hours
Cover letters and resumes can be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com.
Please Reference “Visitor Experience Animator” in the subject line.
By Mail to Attention: Human Resources
Centre for Green Cities, Suite 300
Evergreen Brick Works, 550 Bayview Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M4W 3X8
Evergreen welcomes applications from persons of diverse backgrounds and is an equal opportunity employer. As an organization that works to impact how cities are built and lived in, we encourage applications from the diverse communities that we serve. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Evergreen’s Accommodation policy. If you require accommodations, please let us know of your needs in advance. We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be notified. No phone calls please.