Toronto: Summer Student, Program Assistant
Application Deadline: June 12, 2019
Start date/term of position: Full-time Contract, hourly
Since 1991, Evergreen, a not-for-profit, has provoked bold action in transforming public landscapes into thriving community spaces. We believe that connecting people, natural and built worlds create flourishing cities for the future. For more than 25 years Evergreen has connected, collaborated, and catalyzed Canadians to do amazing things positively affecting attitudes and behaviours that lie at the core of a sustainable city. For more information visit www.evergreen.ca
Successful candidates must be between 18 and 30 (inclusive) years of age at the start of the employment, full-time post-secondary students in the previous academic year and intending to return to school in fall 2019, and legally entitled to work in Canada. This opportunity is funded in part by the Government of Canada’s Youth Work Experience Program.
The Program Assistant is responsible for operational and administrative aspects of programming at Evergreen. The Program Assistant will develop, oversee, and evaluate organizational systems pertaining to Evergreen’s extensive suite of public programs. They will provide the highest degree of client service to customers and community partners.
- Provides administrative support to key projects primarily run at Evergreen Brick Works, as well as other core programs
- Handles administrative tasks such as program registrations and bookings by email and phone
- Acts as key point-of-contact for inquiries, provides verbal and written information and professional customer service to the public and clients
- Coordinates visitor tracking, as well as other activity tracking and evaluation systems for the site
- Provides daily administrative support to the Program Manager, and other staff as assigned
- Supports the preparation of funder proposals and reports, including program documentation, budgets, research and tracking
- Analyses customer/client evaluations (e.g., surveys), and contributes the program planning process
- Proactively identifies and helps execute improvements to tracking, information management, administration, customer service, and other systems
- Works as part of the Evergreen team in a collaborative and supportive manner
- Assists in other program tasks as required.
- Communication. Speak, listen and write in a clear, confident, respectful, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency. Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Cope effectively with complexity and change. Ability to work both as a team and independently
- Proactivity/Enthusiasm/Persistence. Act without being told what to do. Passionate and excited over work. Can-do attitude. Tenacious and goes the distance to get something done.
- Minimum 2 years of post-secondary education and/or minimum 3 years of work experience (or some combination thereof)
- Highly organized systematic thinker, with keen attention to detail
- Experience working in a Microsoft Office environment, including proficiently with Excel, Word and Power Point
- Experience with Databases (e.g. Camp Brain, Caterease or other equivalent) and budgets a strong asset
- Bilingual (English and French/another language) a strong asset
- Predominantly office environment with some work outdoors at Evergreen Brick Works
- Supervised by: Program Manager/Program Director
Terms of contract: Full-time, contract, hourly
Cover letters and resumes can be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com.
Please Reference “Summer Student, Program Assistant” in the subject line.
By Mail to Attention: Human Resources
Centre for Green Cities, Suite 300
Evergreen Brick Works, 550 Bayview Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M4W 3X8
Evergreen welcomes applications from persons of diverse backgrounds and is an equal opportunity employer. As an organization that works to impact how cities are built and lived in, we encourage applications from the diverse communities that we serve. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Evergreen’s Accommodation policy. If you require accommodations, please let us know of your needs in advance. We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be notified. No phone calls please.