Toronto: Summer Student, Photographer/ Videographer
Application Deadline: June 12, 2019
Start date/term of position: Full Time Contract, Hourly
Since 1991, Evergreen, a not-for-profit, has provoked bold action in transforming public landscapes into thriving community spaces. We believe that connecting people, natural and built worlds create flourishing cities for the future. For more than 25 years Evergreen has connected, collaborated, and catalyzed Canadians to do amazing things positively affecting attitudes and behaviours that lie at the core of a sustainable city. For more information visit www.evergreen.ca
Successful candidates must be between 18 and 30 (inclusive) years of age at the start of the employment, full-time post-secondary students in the previous academic year and intending to return to school in fall 2019, and legally entitled to work in Canada. This opportunity is funded in part by the Government of Canada’s Youth Work Experience Program.
Complete photography/videography assignments by capturing images/footage of Evergreen programs, both at Evergreen Brick Works in Toronto and across south-western Ontario in primarily outdoor environments. Work collaboratively with Program leads to create compelling narratives that effectively showcase the importance and value of programs to the public and Evergreen’s partners. Work in a flexible and adaptive manner.
- Capture Evergreen’s programs using video and photography; this may include live performances, close-ups, portraits and/or landscapes
- Edit / Retouch images as necessary and save files for online/digital use
- Excellent organizational skills
- Provide own equipment
- Travel as needed within the GTA/ South Western Ontario
- Flexibility/adaptability. Flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency. Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Cope effectively with complexity and change. Ability to work both as a team and independently.
- Proactivity/Enthusiasm/Persistence. Act without being told what to do. Passionate and excited over work. Can-do attitude. Tenacious and goes the distance to get something done.
- Customer-focus. Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external customers to meet or exceed their expectations.
- High school graduate or equivalent, with specialization in design, graphic design, art or similar
- Proficient in use of Adobe Creative Cloud
- Demonstrated skills in photography, videography through a portfolio of work
- Valid driver’s license a strong asset
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends if needed, in a range of weather conditions
- Largely outdoors, in Toronto and some sites across Southwestern Ontario
- Supervised by: Program Manager
Terms of contract: Full-time, contract, hourly
Cover letters and resumes can be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Reference “Photographer/Videographer” in the subject line.
By Mail to Attention: Human Resources
Centre for Green Cities, Suite 300
Evergreen Brick Works, 550 Bayview Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M4W 3X8
Evergreen welcomes applications from persons of diverse backgrounds and is an equal opportunity employer. As an organization that works to impact how cities are built and lived in, we encourage applications from the diverse communities that we serve. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Evergreen’s Accommodation policy. If you require accommodations, please let us know of your needs in advance. We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be notified. No phone calls please.