Application Deadline: June 22, 2018
Evergreen is seeking a disciplined thinker with an impressive record of success in innovative program design, development and management to join our high-performing Programming team.
The Senior Program Manager will play a central role in the efficient management and growth of programs within the Future Cities Canada portfolio, including the Future Cities Centre, a global demonstration hub for the best of urban sustainability and destination for urban thought leadership. Major deliverables include planning and delivery of major events, including the Future Cities Canada Summit (fall 2018) and the Future Cities Canada conference and expo (fall 2019). A quick study with experience managing program workplans and budgets, the successful candidate has the confidence to collaborate effectively with senior leaders, program delivery colleagues, and external stakeholders alike.
- Manage multiple project objectives associated with an array of citybuilding projects and programs, ensuring alignment with Evergreen’s mission and strategic direction
- Lead development and implementation of learning programs and events, including program design and project management of the Future Cities Canada Summit, the Future Cities Canada conference and expo and the Future Cities Canada speakers series
- Manage program budgets, workplans and key relationships: coordinate activities around identified milestones, and ensure activities are undertaken ‘on time and on budget’, with proper evaluation and wrap up
- Collaborate with Evergreen’s Marketing and Communications team to support the planning and execution of programs and associated communication deliverables.
- Work closely with Evergreen’s Development team to support fundraising from philanthropy and corporate partners, including supporting content development and reporting
- Planning/Organization/Project Management. Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals and focus on priorities, create/implement action plans/budgets, document, evaluate and learn.
- Communication. Speak, listen and write in a clear, confident, respectful, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Evidence-Based Decision Making/Problem Solving skills. Draw insightful conclusions from information. Create plans that are informed by research, data, and experience. Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of Evergreen.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency. Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Cope effectively with complexity and change.
- Proactivity/Enthusiasm/Persistence. Act without being told what to do. Passionate and excited over work. Can-do attitude. Tenacious and goes the distance to get something done.
- Supervised by: Director, Programming
- Supervises: Project Managers and Project Leads
- Post-Secondary education or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience in program management preferably in the non-profit or public sector
- Experience in event design and management
- Strong group facilitation and meeting-management skills
- Subject-area knowledge in urban sustainability, city building, community engagement, and/or related fields
- Familiarity with design thinking models and approaches (an asset)
- Strong understanding of inclusion, equity and social justice issues and trends, especially in an urban context (an asset)
- Regular hours, Monday to Friday with occasional evening and weekend work
Cover letters and resumes can be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Reference “Senior Program Manager” in the subject line
By Mail to Attention: Human Resources
Centre for Green Cities, Suite 300
Evergreen Brick Works, 550 Bayview Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M4W 3X8
Evergreen welcomes applications from persons of diverse backgrounds and is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Evergreen’s Accommodation policy. Applicants, please make your needs known in advance. We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be notified. No phone calls please.