Toronto: Senior Lead, Strategic Initiatives
Application Deadline: July 3, 2019
Start date/term of position: Full Time
Since 1991, Evergreen, a not-for-profit, has provoked bold action in transforming public landscapes into thriving community spaces. We believe that connecting people, natural and built worlds create flourishing cities for the future. For more than 25 years Evergreen has connected, collaborated, and catalyzed Canadians to do amazing things positively affecting attitudes and behaviours that lie at the core of a sustainable city. For more information visit www.evergreen.ca
Evergreen is seeking a disciplined thinker with a strong record of success in management, program development and business analysis to join our high-performing Strategic Initiatives team.
With proven ability to manage cross-functional teams and complex, often time-sensitive, projects, the Sr. Lead will be responsible for undertaking feasibility and opportunity analyses, as well as business and program development. Comprising a dynamic portfolio of initiatives, the Senior Lead’s work will help drive decision making for new and existing projects to help Evergreen advance our vision of Flourishing Cities – cities that are inclusive, low-carbon, and sustainable at their core. A quick study, with interest and curiosity in a range of subject-areas, the successful candidate has the confidence to collaborate effectively with senior leaders, program delivery colleagues, and external stakeholders alike.
- Complete thorough feasibility analysis / opportunity assessments for new and existing programs and business opportunities to drive appropriate decisions on program design and viability
- Collaborate with the program and social enterprise teams (among others) to develop program models and business plans for evolving & emergent Evergreen initiatives
- Develop and review proposals for new clients/partnerships, ensure they align with Evergreen’s mission, are financially viable and are an appropriate use of Evergreen’s resources
- Work with cross functional teams to establish processes & tools in support of Evergreen’s 5-year strategic plan & design thinking approach
- Support Management Team and Directors in the evaluation of new business opportunities & special projects
- Create/review agreements for new ventures and partnerships, ensure they are financially sound and do not expose Evergreen to undue risk
- Analytical/Decision Making/Problem Solving skills. Draw insightful conclusions from information. Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of EG. Assess difficult situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Communication. Speak, listen and write in a clear, confident, respectful, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Customer-focus. Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external customers/donors to meet or exceed their expectations and receives positive feedback from internal and external customers/donors.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency. Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Cope effectively with complexity and change.
- Proactivity/Enthusiasm/Persistence. Act without being told what to do. Passionate and excited over work. Can-do attitude. Tenacious and goes the distance to get something done.
- Planning/Organization/Project Management. Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals and focus on priorities, create/implement action plans/budgets, document, evaluate, learn.
- Strategic thinking/vision. Assess opportunities and threats, options and actions based on comprehensive analysis of current and future trends and conditions in the environment, and the vision and values of EG. See and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way.
- Supervised by: Executive Director, Strategic Initiatives
- Supervises: Interns and Volunteers, as needed
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent experience
- 3 to 5 years’ relevant work experience in business development, program design and/or delivery, or similar
- Excellent research, analysis and stakeholder-consultation skills
- Strong group facilitation and meeting-management skills
- Highly proficient with Office applications including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong understanding of inclusion, equity and social justice issues and trends, especially in an urban context
- Familiarity with design thinking models and approaches (an asset)
- Experience with financial modeling (an asset)
- Regular office hours, with occasional evening and weekend work
Terms of contract: Full Time
Cover letters and resumes can be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com.
Please Reference “Sr. Lead, Strategic Initiatives” in the subject line
By Mail to Attention: Human Resources
Centre for Green Cities, Suite 300
Evergreen Brick Works, 550 Bayview Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M4W 3X8
Evergreen welcomes applications from persons of diverse backgrounds and is an equal opportunity employer. As an organization that works to impact how cities are built and lived in, we encourage applications from the diverse communities that we serve. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Evergreen’s Accommodation policy. If you require accommodations, please let us know of your needs in advance. We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be notified. No phone calls please.