Toronto: Sales Manager
Application Deadline: February 7, 2020
Start date/term of position: Full-time Permanent
Overview: The Sales Manager is an experienced hospitality sales professional and a key member of Hospitality and Events team. Responsible for promoting and selling Evergreen Brick Works event spaces and services for both corporate and social events, the Sales Manager has exceptional customer service skills, a passion for events, and a proven sales record. The Sales Manager shares Evergreen’s strong focus on standards of excellence, ethics, and professionalism and will be a significant contributor to Evergreen’s social enterprise.
- Identify new prospecting and sales strategies that will contribute to increased revenue
- Collaborate on the redesign of collateral, both digital and print
- Assist with developing strategies for business development initiatives such as trade show, networking and client appreciation events, as well as other strategies to target qualified prospects for customer segments
- Act as the point of intake for all new sales prospects
- Record all leads and lead sources using Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform (inquiry form, phone, walk-ins)
- Respond to all leads with segment appropriate templates and collateral, with standard response time of 24 hours, by phone and email
- Schedule and conduct on-site tours
- Prepare estimates and agreements in accordance with Evergreen’s products and pricing policies and negotiate with client to close the sale
- Liaise with Hospitality and Events team to ensure clients’ needs are met and quotes are accurate
- Provide content for website and social media, event video/photography, sales guides and on-site displays
- Attend tradeshows and client appreciation events, as the need arises
- Assist team with data migration to CRM as required
- Responsible for improving department sales and administrative protocols, systems, calendars and databases
- Customer-focus. Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of external guests to exceed expectations.
- Attention to detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks.
- Flexibility/agility. Flexible and versatile in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency. Cope effectively with complexity and change.
- Planning/Organization/Project Management. Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals and focus on priorities, document, evaluate, and learn.
- Communication. Speak, listen and write in a clear, confident, respectful, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Supervised by: Director of Hospitality & Events
- Post-secondary diploma or certificate in hospitality or event planning management
- 5 years’ experience in event management, with strong focus on venue sales
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Ability to understand business processes and workflow
- Smart Serve certified is required
- Strong knowledge of Caterease and Asana considered an asset
- First-aid/CPR and/or Food Handler certification is an asset
- Office environment, outdoor working and in gallery spaces at the Evergreen Brick Works site
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Weekend and evening work as required to meet customer needs
Cover letters and resumes can be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Reference “Sales Manager” in the subject line
By Mail to Attention: Human Resources
Centre for Green Cities, Suite 300
Evergreen Brick Works, 550 Bayview Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M4W 3X8
Evergreen welcomes applications from persons of diverse backgrounds and is an equal opportunity employer. As an organization that works to impact how cities are built and lived in, we encourage applications from the diverse communities that we serve. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Evergreen’s Accommodation policy. If you require accommodations, please let us know of your needs in advance. We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be notified. No phone calls please.