Toronto: Program Officer
Application Deadline: Friday, July 17th, 2020
Start date/term of position: Full Time, Permanent
Evergreen is currently seeking to add to its team of Program Officers. This group of creative, enthusiastic, action-oriented individuals drive the day-to-day delivery of Evergreen’s diverse programs, and contribute to their development and ongoing evolution. If you love to collaborate with others, engage with on-the-ground programming and thrive in a dynamic environment then this may be the right role for you.
Our Program Officers contribute to the success of multiple projects and teams, with certain focus areas depending on programming that is active or emerging at any given time. The successful candidate for this role must be a team-player who is excited to engage with the wide scope of programming Evergreen offers.
About the Role:
The Program Officer plays a critical role in the planning, execution and evaluation of programming projects. A multi-tasker, with insight into multiple projects at any given time, the Program Officer helps to ensure that projects are delivered on time, within budget and in line with program plans. To achieve these goals, the Program Officer will work with others to define and refine project requirements and scope, and organize day-to-day program delivery.
With a can-do attitude, and the experience to know when to work independently and when to seek the guidance of others, the Program Officer works across the program team, and the organization as a whole, to maintain program excellence and achieve maximum mission impact.
- Work with Program Manager to track activities throughout the project lifecycle, including scheduling, documentation, budgeting and expenses
- Work with Program Manager to plan all project timelines, milestones, deliverables, using the appropriate software tools and applicable project management methods
- Monitor progress of projects and work with others to adjust plans as needed
- Work collaboratively across the organization to help find all opportunities for alignment and partnership
- Help develop communication plans and partnership opportunities
- Conduct internal and/or external stakeholder meetings to solicit feedback, input and communicate expectations
- Plan and facilitate regular meetings to monitor project progress, track updates and changes, and ensure the right information is shared with those who need it
- Work with Program Manager to create contingency plans to mitigate risk
- Produce regular status reports on the progress of projects, solving problems strategically, recommending solutions and engaging others as required
- Share experiences and help generate lessons learned as programs are evaluated
- Continuously look for new ways to deliver projects for greater mission impact enhanced diversity, equity and inclusion, and greater alignment with organizational values
- Bring forward ideas for new programs or the evolution of existing programs
- Facilitate on-the-ground programming
- Facilitate volunteer participation within programs and ensure a positive and impactful volunteer experience
- Where required, assist with the coordination of on-site logistics at Evergreen Brick Works to ensure smooth program delivery
- May help coordinate scheduling for staff or volunteers
- Demonstrate a commitment to good internal communications and positive workplace culture
- Model Evergreen’s core values
You excel in the following areas:
- Planning/Organization/Project Management: create and implement action plans and budgets; document, evaluate and learn
- Customer-focus: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of others in the development and implementation of programs
- Communication. Communicate in a confident, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques depending on the audience.
- Attention to detail. Will not let important details slip through the cracks
- Flexibility/adaptability. Adjust quickly to changing circumstances, priorities and conditions, while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency
You have the following qualifications:
- 3-5 years’ relevant experience
- Demonstrated success in project delivery and execution
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications, especially Excel, PowerPoint and Project Management Software and collaboration platforms such as Smartsheet, Asana or others
- University or college degree/diploma (or equivalent professional experience); a focus on public policy, urban/regional planning, sustainability, urban studies, or related discipline considered an asset
- Familiarity with design thinking models, software and approaches (an asset)
- Supervised by Program Manager
- Position is based out of Evergreen’s head office at Evergreen Brick Works in Toronto
- Office environment with on the ground presence as required
- Regular office hours are flexible, but work will include some weekends, holidays and/or evenings
- Permanent, full-time
How to Apply:
Apply through our online portal here.
Evergreen welcomes applications from persons of diverse backgrounds and is an equal opportunity employer. As an organization that works to impact how cities are built and lived in, we encourage applications from the diverse communities that we serve. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Evergreen’s Accommodation policy. If you require accommodations, please let us know of your needs in advance. We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be notified. No phone calls please.