Toronto: Program Manager
Application Deadline: February 28, 2020
Start date/term of position: Permanent, full-time
Title: Program Manager
Evergreen is currently seeking to add to its team of Program Managers. This group of organizational leaders plays a critical role in the development and delivery of Evergreen’s diverse programs. If you are an innovative, adaptable and collaborative individual who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment then this may be the right role for you.
Our Program Managers oversee multiple projects and teams, with certain focus areas depending on programming that is active or emerging at any given time. The successful candidate for this role must be a relationship builder who is excited to engage with the wide scope of programming Evergreen offers.
About the Role:
Evergreen Program Managers are critical to the development and delivery of Evergreen’s Programs, and have the knowledge, experience and confidence to lead teams and actively engage others in this process. With well developed project management skills, the Program Manager manages the planning and execution of programming projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, within budget and with maximum mission impact. Program Managers prioritize good communication, effective people management and positive workplace culture.
• Help shape programs, set goals, and create and implement action plans that align with organizational priorities
• Demonstrate an intuitive grasp of organizational structure and work effectively across departments to develop cohesive project teams
• Undertake people management responsibilities in a thoughtful and professional manner
• Promote and build internal commitment to an exceptional workplace culture and organizational values
• Mentor others and take an active role in their professional development
• Facilitate important meetings internally and externally using user-centered design methods
• Collaborate with Evergreen’s Marketing and Communication team to effectively market Evergreen’s programs and share stories of Evergreen’s impact
• Develop excellent working relationships with stakeholders, co-designing, implementing and evaluating in partnership
• Demonstrate and promote the importance of good internal communication
• Manage the planning and delivery of a variety of projects and multiple teams
• Work with Program Directors to guide project plans that effectively manage scope, time, cost and risk
• Constantly evaluate the progress of tasks, responsibilities and projects against timeframes, budget, strategic intent and organizational values
• Ensure changes to project plans, including budget and schedule, are proactively and effectively managed
• Identify measures of success, review program milestones, outcomes and impact, and ensure proper evaluation and reporting
• Play an active role in the coordination of Evergreen Brickworks site logistics where required, working in partnership with other teams including facilities and events
• Model Evergreen’s core values
You excel in the following areas:
• Leadership: Mobilize teams, lead by example, inspire others to achieve.
• Program Design/Learning: Comfortable working through systematic problem solving, experimentation and learning from experience
• Planning/Organization/Project Management: create and implement action plans and budgets; document, evaluate and learn
• Analytical/Decision Making/Problem Solving skills: Draw insightful conclusions from information. Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and effective
• People management: Recognize people’s strengths & accomplishments and provide guidance while promoting independence and innovation.
• Customer-focus: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of others in the development and implementation of programs
You have the following qualifications:
• 5+ years in program design, development and delivery
• Prior experience in facilitation, partnership development, and working with diverse communities and stakeholders
• Demonstrated track record of program design and related project management, including creating and monitoring work plans and budgets
• Post-secondary diploma/degree in a related field i.e. management, urban planning, political science
• Familiarity with design thinking models, software and approaches (an asset)
• Supervised by Program Director
• Supervises a number of project teams and acts as HR Manager for Program Officers and Program Coordinators
• Position is based out of Evergreen’s head office at Evergreen Brick Works in Toronto
• Office environment with on the ground presence as required
• Regular office hours (flexible), with some onsite and offsite evenings and/or weekends required
• Permanent, full-time
How to Apply
Cover letters and resumes can be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Reference “Program Manager” in the subject line.
By Mail to Attention: Human Resources
Centre for Green Cities, Suite 300
Evergreen Brick Works, 550 Bayview Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M4W 3X8
Evergreen welcomes applications from persons of diverse backgrounds and is an equal opportunity employer. As an organization that works to impact how cities are built and lived in, we encourage applications from the diverse communities that we serve. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Evergreen’s Accommodation policy. If you require accommodations, please let us know of your needs in advance. We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be notified. No phone calls please.