Toronto: Program Coordinator
Application Deadline: February 28, 2020
Start date/term of position: Permanent, full-time
Evergreen is currently seeking to add to its team of Program Coordinators. This group of individuals are the fabric that holds Evergreen’s programs together, ensuring seamless delivery and effective program operations. Their talents and interests are as diverse as their many contributions, each relied on for their unique skills and experience.
Our Program Coordinators contribute to the success of multiple projects and teams, with certain focus areas depending on programming that is active or emerging at any given time. The successful candidate for this role must be a team-player who is excited to engage with the wide scope of programming Evergreen offers, in a wide variety of ways.
About the Role:
The Program Coordinator is responsible for a wide variety of core administrative, communications and logistical duties in support of our diverse programming. Each Program Coordinator is relied upon for a number of important tasks within various programming projects, ensuring that the project team can operate in an efficient and effective way. In addition to these core functions, Program Coordinators branch out to play a key role in on-the-ground program delivery, utilizing their unique skills to help our programs come alive.
Program Coordinators thrive in a fast-moving environment and provide consistent, timely support; they are team-players and strong communicators who see how small details shape the big picture.
• Help support stakeholder management, program design and implementation
• Track and share regular progress updates on project and program deliverables and outcomes
• Help deliver on-the-ground programs, engaging directly with participants
• Help facilitate volunteer participation within programs and ensure a positive and impactful volunteer experience
• May help coordinate scheduling for staff or volunteers
• Performance of various administrative functions, including:
- creation of meeting agendas;
- meeting coordination & the taking of minutes;
- sending summary briefs and task lists following meetings;
- couriering and mailing;
- develop, send and manage special event invitations in Outlook, using mail merge
- provide executive support to senior leaders
• Conduct effective, professional outreach that meets the needs of individual communities
• Help track budget expenditures
• Work with a team of administrative professionals across the organization to help facilitate cross departmental collaboration
• Support program events by helping to coordinate logistics in advance, trouble shoot on day-of, and provide necessary support to attendees
• Help facilitate workshops, orientations or other activations, including on some evenings and weekends
• Engage in communication support by copy-editing documents and reports, writing blog posts and other external-facing documents, assisting with the development of website content, supporting document design, and supporting the implementation of communication strategies
• Demonstrate a commitment to good internal communications and positive workplace culture
• Model Evergreen’s core values
You excel in the following areas:
• Customer-focus: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of others in the development and implementation of programs
• Communication: Communicate in a confident, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques depending on the audience.
• Attention to detail: Will not let important details slip through the cracks
• Flexibility/adaptability: Adjust quickly to changing circumstances, priorities and conditions, while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency
You have the following qualifications:
• 3+ years’ relevant experience
• University or college degree/diploma (or equivalent professional experience)
• Previous administrative experience would be considered an asset
• Familiarity with design thinking models would be considered an asset
• Ability to work a flexible work week, inclusive of evenings and weekends
• Demonstrated commitment to customer service
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Proficient in use of Word, Excel and Power Point
• Supervised by Program Manager
• Position is based out of Evergreen’s head office at Evergreen Brick Works in Toronto
• Office environment with on the ground presence as required
• Regular office hours are flexible, but work will include some weekends, holidays and/or evenings
• Permanent, full-time
How to Apply:
Cover letters and resumes can be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Reference “Program Coordinator” in the subject line.
By Mail to Attention: Human Resources
Centre for Green Cities, Suite 300
Evergreen Brick Works, 550 Bayview Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M4W 3X8
Evergreen welcomes applications from persons of diverse backgrounds and is an equal opportunity employer. As an organization that works to impact how cities are built and lived in, we encourage applications from the diverse communities that we serve. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Evergreen’s Accommodation policy. If you require accommodations, please let us know of your needs in advance. We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be notified. No phone calls please.