Start date/term of position: Part-time independent contractor
Location: Limestone District School Board – Kingston Area
Term of Contract: part-time independent contractor
Salary: $31/hr up to 1048 hours plus expenses – invoiced monthly
Application deadline: December 13th 2017
Start date: 2 January 2018
Do asphalt school grounds make you wince? Do you want to be a part of a national team that is transforming them into diverse, green landscapes for play and learning?
Evergreen is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to making cities flourish. We convene, collaborate and catalyze action to connect people, natural and built worlds. Our goal is to make Canadian cities great places in which to live, move, work, play, learn and thrive.
Evergreen’s award-winning Learning Grounds Program is looking for inspiring individuals to play leadership roles in its ever-expanding work. We are looking for landscape designers that specialize in children’s play and learning landscapes. To find out more about Evergreen Learning Grounds please visit our website: www.evergreen.ca
Key areas of responsibility:
- Facilitate a participatory design process at a variety of schools advising on natural school ground design, implementation and maintenance.
- Liaise with school board staff, administration and school stakeholders.
- Deliver school board-wide systems to support school ground play and learning initiatives (e.g. approvals processes, installation and maintenance guidelines, design standards).
- Provide presentations, outreach and workshops to school communities.
- A post-secondary degree in landscape design with emphasis on a participatory design process and at least three years experience.
- Experienced in the design of children’s play and learning landscapes using CSA and AODA design standards and principles.
- Strong presentation and workshop facilitation skills.
- Proven communication skills: phone, email, reports, organization, project management.
- Strong teamwork and relationship-building skills and thrive in a collaborative culture yet are able to work independently with the support and direction of a head office team.
- Exceptional communication skills – verbal and written.
- Proven project management skills with the ability to drive projects from conception through to completion.
- Proficient with MS Office.
- A driver’s licence and access to car
- Commercial General Liability Insurance and Errors and Omissions Insurance
If you care about kids and the environments in which they spend so much of their lives; if you think it’s crucial for children to experience nature and have regular opportunities for hands-on, outdoor play and learning; and if you are excited by the idea of helping schools achieve this on their grounds we’d love to hear from you.
Letters of application, including a resume, may be submitted to:
Learning Grounds, Manager Associates
We appreciate all applications; however only those applicants considered for these positions will be contacted for an interview. Evergreen is an equal opportunity employer.