Toronto: Graphic Designer
Application Deadline: March 1, 2019
Start date/term of position: Full Time
Since 1991, Evergreen, a not-for-profit, has provoked bold action in transforming public landscapes into thriving community spaces. We believe that connecting people, natural and built worlds create flourishing cities for the future. For more than 25 years Evergreen has connected, collaborated, and catalyzed Canadians to do amazing things positively affecting attitudes and behaviours that lie at the core of a sustainable city. For more information visit www.evergreen.ca
Are you creative, think outside the box and produce impactful and engaging design?
Evergreen is looking for a talented Graphic Designer to assist in the visual representation and execution of digital and print materials that support the Evergreen brand. This individual has a proven track record in print and digital design that is in line with brand standards, as well as designing for advertising campaigns.
You will work closely with other members of the Communications team, including the Creative Services team, to design communications that positively impact people’s experiences. You have a passion for detail and composition, are highly motivated, and thrive in a fast paced environment.
The Graphic Designer is passionate about the craft of design and the brand experience. She/he will generate clear ideas, concepts and designs of creative assets from beginning to end that create a highly designed visual experience. The successful candidate will bring elegance and simplicity to complex communications, and translate strategy into effective visual communications.
- Define and refine the Evergreen visual identity
- Conceptualize and consistently deliver great creative across all digital, print and social media channels in line with Evergreen’s brand standards
- Manage web design for desktop and mobile, including logos, graphics, infographics, icons, imagery and multimedia presentations
- Conceptualize, design and execute creative solutions, including advertising campaigns
- Create ads across a variety of channels, including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube.
- Be an active contributor in our rebranding
- Design print collateral such as reports, brochures, posters, signage and advertising
- Develop and maintain brand guidelines, ensuring appropriate application for all projects across Evergreen
- Work with web developer to oversee Evergreen’s digital design and contribute to a positive user experience
- Analytical/Decision Making/Problem Solving skills. Draw insightful conclusions from information. Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of Evergreen. Assess difficult situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Attention to detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks.
- Calm under pressure. Demonstrate composure in stressful situations
- Communication. Speak, listen and write in a clear, confident, respectful, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Customer-focus. Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external customers/donors to meet or exceed expectations and receive positive feedback. Deliver high quality work to tight deadlines.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency. Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Cope effectively with complexity and change.
- Proactivity/Enthusiasm/Persistence. Act without being told what to do. Passionate and excited over work. Can-do attitude. Tenacious and goes the distance to get something done.
- Creativity. Find interesting solutions to design challenges and stay aware of trends and key influences in market.
- Supervised by: Senior Manager, Creative Services & Promotions
- Post-secondary education in Graphic Design or Visual Communication Design
- 3-5 years of applied graphic design or production experience
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud, including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, as well as PowerPoint, Word and Excel. Video software an asset.
- Proven experience in digital design and print production
- Proven experience working on advertising campaigns
- Experience developing brand identities and ability to implement guidelines across all mediums
- Office Environment
- Working hours (9 am -5 pm, some flexibility required)
Terms of contract: Full time
To be considered, please send your resume, cover letter and salary expectations along with 3-5 portfolio pieces or online portfolio URL to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Reference “Graphic Designer” in the subject line.
By Mail to Attention: Human Resources
Centre for Green Cities, Suite 300
Evergreen Brick Works, 550 Bayview Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M4W 3X8
Evergreen welcomes applications from persons of diverse backgrounds and is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Evergreen’s Accommodation policy. Applicants, please make your needs known in advance. We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be notified. No phone calls please.