Toronto: Executive Assistant
Application Deadline: June 26, 2019
Start date/term of position: Full Time
Since 1991, Evergreen, a not-for-profit, has provoked bold action in transforming public landscapes into thriving community spaces. We believe that connecting people, natural and built worlds create flourishing cities for the future. For more than 25 years Evergreen has connected, collaborated, and catalyzed Canadians to do amazing things positively affecting attitudes and behaviours that lie at the core of a sustainable city. For more information visit www.evergreen.ca
The Executive Assistant is responsible for a wide variety of administrative duties in support of the Chief Program Officer, the Chief Advancement Officer and other management team members. This position will also support the day-to-day operations of the office and assist as needed, with special projects.
- Provide direct and comprehensive administrative support to the Chief Program Officer and the Chief Advancement Officer, including management of calendars, schedules, and internal/external correspondence
- Provide additional administrative support that may include issuing invitations, collating materials, circulating advance materials, arranging catering and facility needs, minute taking, and management of files
- Provide information and referrals to not-for-profit organizations and the general public
- Support the Chief Program Officer, the Chief Advancement Officer and management team with special projects as needs arise and perform other administrative duties as required
- Prepare travel schedules, book travel arrangements and make reservations
- Manage and perform basic maintenance related to the facility, office equipment, supplies, archives and other duties related to the day-to-day high functioning of the office
- Attention to detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks.
- Communication. Speak, listen, and write in a clear, confident, respectful, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Customer-focus. Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external customers/donors to meet or exceed their expectations and receives positive feedback from internal and external customers/donors.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency. Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Cope effectively with complexity and change.
- Proactivity/enthusiasm/persistence. Act without being told what to do. Passionate and excited over work. Can-do attitude. Tenacious and goes the distance to get something done.
- Supervised by: CPO, CAO
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in executive-level assistance
- Ability to take initiative, to take direction, and to work independently
- Proven ability to manage competing priorities under pressure
- Excellent computer skills, including demonstrated ease and familiarity with Microsoft Office functions and database programs
- Post-secondary education and/or demonstrated interest or experience working with not-for-profit organizations would be considered assets
- Office environment
Cover letters and resumes can be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Reference “Executive Assistant” in the subject line.
By Mail to Attention: Human Resources
Centre for Green Cities, Suite 300
Evergreen Brick Works, 550 Bayview Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M4W 3X8
Evergreen welcomes applications from persons of diverse backgrounds and is an equal opportunity employer. As an organization that works to impact how cities are built and lived in, we encourage applications from the diverse communities that we serve. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Evergreen’s Accommodation policy. If you require accommodations, please let us know of your needs in advance. We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be notified. No phone calls please.