Toronto: Development Officer, Prospect Management
Application Deadline: May 27, 2019
Start date/term of position: Full Time
Since 1991, Evergreen, a not-for-profit, has provoked bold action in transforming public landscapes into thriving community spaces. We believe that connecting people, natural and built worlds create flourishing cities for the future. For more than 25 years Evergreen has connected, collaborated, and catalyzed Canadians to do amazing things positively affecting attitudes and behaviours that lie at the core of a sustainable city. For more information visit www.evergreen.ca
Are you a curious and proactive fundraiser who understands how to motivate donors? Join our growing team of fundraisers at Evergreen and help create a best in class approach for our annual donors.
The Development Officer, Prospect and Pipeline is a strategic member of Evergreen’s Development Team, and is responsible for driving the prospecting and pipeline processes in support of fundraising. The ideal candidate will bring a skilled and process driven approach to prospect identification and research, inform cultivation and solicitation strategies, and has a firm understanding of the importance and practice of relationship-building.
Prospect identification and strategy
- Identify and evaluate potential prospects using multiple sources
- Statistically identify prospects with relevant research, key relationships and connections to our networks.
- Write profiles & briefing notes for major gift and corporate prospects, including cultivation and stewardship events.
- Manage research tool software applications and make recommendations for new applications
Research & Analytics
- Provide assessment and strategy recommendations on newly identified prospects
- Monitor and disseminate news, trends and issues that impact Evergreen’s field of programs and networks
- Create special research projects such as sector scans, demographic mapping as needed
- Support the creation of a successful system of tracking moves management in Raiser’s Edge
- Regularly monitor the pipeline and ensure an active moves management cycle with Development team
- Analytical/Decision Making/Problem Solving skills. Draw insightful conclusions from information. Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of EG. Assess difficult situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Attention to detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks.
- Calm under pressure. Demonstrate composure in stressful situations.
- Communication. Speak, listen and write in a clear, confident, respectful, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency. Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Cope effectively with complexity and change.
- Proactivity/Enthusiasm/Persistence. Act without being told what to do. Passionate and excited over work. Can-do attitude. Tenacious and goes the distance to get something done.
- Supervised by: Senior Manager, Philanthropy
- A post-secondary degree/diploma in a related field or equivalent work experience
- 1-3 years of directly related Prospect research experience
- A keen interest in and familiarity with urban environmental issues
- Experience in other areas of fundraising an asset.
- Knowledge of account management software and moves management cycles
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or other CRM’s an asset
- Regular Hours, Monday to Friday
- Ongoing availability for occasional evening and weekend meetings and events
Cover letters and resumes can be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Reference “Development Officer, Prospect Management” in the subject line.
By Mail to Attention: Human Resources
Centre for Green Cities, Suite 300
Evergreen Brick Works, 550 Bayview Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M4W 3X8
Evergreen welcomes applications from persons of diverse backgrounds and is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Evergreen’s Accommodation policy. Applicants, please make your needs known in advance. We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be notified. No phone calls please.