Application Deadline: January 22, 2018
Overview: Are you the master of the administration that is required in a fast-moving organization? Do you take pride in providing accurate and timely support to a professional team? Are you a collaborator and communicator who sees how small details shape the big picture?
We are seeking a Development Coordinator to provide a team of fundraising professionals with support in the acquisition, administration and stewardship of donors and supporters.
- Act as the first point of contact for Evergreen donation inquiries and triage requests for information when necessary
- Track and process all incoming revenue (on and offline)
- Maintain accurate donor records
- Track and prepare receipts and thank you letters for all donations
Development Administrative Support
- Support account milestones, including interim and annual reports
- Support the creation of funder presentations and proposals
- Support event logistics and planning
- Coordinate internal and external meetings
- Enter donor interactions into database management software
- Take and transcribe meeting minutes
- Compile and distribute meeting packages and minutes
- Facilitate couriering, mailing and expenses
- Track budget expenditures
- Provide executive support to senior leaders
- Work with a team of administrative professionals across the organization
- Outstanding administrative and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills required
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communications skills required
- Strong organizational and time management skills required
- Proven ability in use of MS Office to generate creative and compelling documents
- Education/training in fundraising an asset
- Experience with Raisers’ Edge or similar donor database management system an asset
Models Evergreen’s Core Values: Collaboration, Innovation, Accountability, Systems Approach
- Attention to detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks.
- Communication. Speak, listen and write in a clear, confident, respectful, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Customer-focus. Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external customers/donors to meet or exceed their expectations and receives positive feedback from internal and external customers/donors.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency. Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Cope effectively with complexity and change.
- Proactivity/Enthusiasm/Persistence. Act without being told what to do. Passionate and excited over work. Can-do attitude. Tenacious and goes the distance to get something done.
- Planning/Organization/Project Management. Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals and focus on priorities, create/implement action plans/budgets, document, evaluate, learn.
- Calm under pressure. Demonstrate composure in stressful situations.
- Inclusive. Effectively works across lines of difference.
- Regular Hours, Monday to Friday
- Ongoing availability for occasional evening and weekend meetings and events
Terms of contract: Full time
Cover letters and resumes can be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com.
Please Reference “Development Coordinator” in the subject line
By Mail to Attention: Human Resources
Centre for Green Cities, Suite 300
Evergreen Brick Works, 550 Bayview Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M4W 3X8
Evergreen welcomes applications from persons of diverse backgrounds and is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Evergreen’s Accommodation policy. Applicants, please make your needs known in advance. We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be notified. No phone calls please.