Toronto: Bilingual Communications Content Specialist
Application Deadline: Friday, July 17th, 2020
Start date/term of position: Full Time, Permanent
We are looking for a qualified and creative Bilingual Communications Content Specialist to join our Marketing and Communications team at Evergreen. The successful candidate will have experience in creating engaging content for diverse audiences and a passion for sharing stories that are helping shape our cities and communities for the better across the country.
About the Role:
The Bilingual Communications Content Specialist is responsible for planning and executing communication initiatives across all channels to connect with Evergreen’s audiences Canada wide, including helping to manage web content, social media and assist in media relations to amplify our message and build the Evergreen brand. This Specialist has a proven record of developing and implementing effective communications and outreach strategies and is fully fluent in French and English. This position will play a critical role in building awareness for the Community Solutions Network, a program of Future Cities Canada.
- Lead digital content planning and contribute to communications goals.
- Implement brand guidelines with partners and media.
- Inform SEO strategy and track digital analytics with actionable insights.
- Manage the Editorial Calendar schedule.
- Maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders and media.
- Contribute to news release writing and media relations.
- Create and post interactive content on social media channels to ensure they are both engaging. and aligned with our brand.
- Monitor social channels, for inquiries, trends, and customer service.
- Create and schedule content.
- Implement all paid social campaigns and work with partners to execute adwords.
- Stay up to date on trends, patterns in the community.
- Creative storytelling; create, write copy, edit and manage content that is consistent with Evergreen’s brand.
- Develop visuals for the website, social, youtube and email.
- Edit posts, for spelling, formatting, SEO and links.
- Manage Evergreen Brick Works and Evergreen Newsletter creation.
- Develop and implement the digital content strategy for the programs web portal.
- Demonstrate a commitment to good internal communications and positive workplace culture.
- Model Evergreen’s core values.
You excel in the following areas:
- Attention to detail. Do not let important details slip through the cracks.
- Calm under pressure. Demonstrate composure in stressful situations.
- Communication. Speak, listen and write in a clear, confident, respectful, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques. Effective written and verbal communication in both English and French.
- Customer-focus. Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of others in the development and implementation of programs.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Able to adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions, and cope effectively with complexity and change.
- Proactivity/Enthusiasm/Persistence. Act without being told what to do. Passionate and excited over work. Can-do attitude. Tenacious and goes the distance to get something done.
- 3-5 years relevant work experience creating and executing content.
- Post-secondary education in communications with a focus on digital, public relations or equivalent experience.
- Creative storyteller with proven track record engaging both English and French speaking audiences through different channels—including website, social media, print.
- Excellent written communication skills and knowledge on how to converse, write and edit for digital platforms.
- In depth knowledge of how to develop, share, and collect data insights for content development on social networks, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and Linkedin.
- Experience managing paid social campaigns.
- Experience of SEO best practices, google analytics, Adobe Creative Cloud and Hootsuite.
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS.
- Working knowledge of email marketing platforms such as Mail Chimp.
- Experience in photography and videography an asset.
- Experience working with Government an asset.
- Experience in media relations is an asset.
- Supervised by: Sr. Manager, Public Relations & Content
- Working hours 40 hours per week
- Onsite and offsite, with occasional evening/weekend hours are required
- Can be based in Ottawa or Toronto
How to Apply:
Click here to apply online. Please include a copy of your cover letter and resume with your application.
By Mail to Attention: Human Resources
Centre for Green Cities, Suite 300
Evergreen Brick Works, 550 Bayview Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M4W 3X8
Evergreen welcomes applications from persons of diverse backgrounds and is an equal opportunity employer. As an organization that works to impact how cities are built and lived in, we encourage applications from the diverse communities that we serve. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Evergreen’s Accommodation policy. If you require accommodations, please let us know of your needs in advance. We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be notified. No phone calls please.