Application Deadline: November 17, 2017
Start date/term of position: Casual
Overview: The Beverage Facilitator will coordinate the delivery of a beverage station at public events on site. This individual is an integral part of the event and market team which works to exceed client expectations by providing the highest quality of service while focusing on ethics, professionalism and contribution to Evergreen’s social enterprise revenue.
- Deliver consistently exceptional service to Evergreen Brick Works’ customers, including sales skills.
- Work closely with the Project Manager (Beverage and Market) to oversee beverage station day of logistics including
- Managing the setup/teardown of the beverage station
- Ensuring that other beverage staff are signed in/out
- Ensuring “No alcohol beyond this point” signage is up and in the correct location
- Stocking up products as needed
- Ensuring space is cleaned throughout the day and at the end of the shift
- Locking up all alcohol as per Project Manager’s instructions
- Sell and serve beverages to customers alongside other beverage staff
- Perform various administrative beverage duties including collecting floats, ensuring accurate recording of sales, reconciling payments and depositing all money in the safe at the end of the shift.
- Knowledgeable on all products served (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic) and able to “tell the story” of our unique and local offerings.
- Knowledgeable of venue and liquor license specifications, including adherence to AGCO and Evergreen policies.
- Inform Project Manager of any low stock items as well as customer requests/recommendations.
- Act as an Evergreen ambassador.
Models EG Core Values
- Attention to detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks.
- Calm under pressure. Demonstrate composure in stressful situations.
- Communication. Speak, listen and write in a clear, confident, respectful, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Customer-focus. Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external customers to meet or exceed their expectations and receives positive feedback from internal and external customers.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency. Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Cope effectively with complexity and change.
- Supervised by: Project Manager
- Knowledge of local Beverage industry, including craft beers, wines and spirits
- Smart serve certification
- Experience in customer service
- Previous supervisory experience an asset
- Working outdoors in inclement weather.
- Able to work daytimes, evenings and weekends
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Doing repetitive tasks with few breaks, etc.
Cover letters and resumes can be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com. Please Reference “Beverage Facilitator” in the subject line
By Mail to Attention: Human Resources
Centre for Green Cities, Suite 300
Evergreen Brick Works, 550 Bayview Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M4W 3X8
Evergreen welcomes applications from persons of diverse backgrounds and is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Evergreen’s Accommodation policy. Applicants, please make your needs known in advance. We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be notified. No phone calls please.