Application Deadline: July 29, 206
Start date/term of position: Part Time
Overview: Supports the Evergreen's work in Hamilton, including the Hamilton Action Campaign & Community Storefront. Works with Hamilton Project Manager, volunteers, and local groups and organizations to help with the development and delivery of community-driven revitalization projects, animations, and other initiatives for a more sustainable people-centered city
- Coordinate programming, bookings, and design Evergreen's Community Storefront as a safe, collaborative, creative space for community planning, events, and projects
- Facilitate on-site programming including site design, maintenance scheduling, and venue set-up and tear-down
- Build awareness of and involvement of Evergreen’s work in Hamilton through creative communications, social media, blogging, and working with media partners
- Oversee volunteers and the successful implementation of Evergreen Hamilton’s Volunteer Engagement Strategy to support our growing volunteer base, including orientation, engagement events, and scheduling
- Support the planning and delivery of local and regional events and programming including 100in1Day Hamilton and Mid-Sized Cities Forum
- Support the delivery of Evergreen's existing projects, programming, and public animations in Hamilton
- Support the development of funding applications
Models Evergreen’s Core Values
- Analytical/Decision Making/Problem Solving skills. Draw insightful conclusions from information. Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of EG. Assess difficult situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Attention to detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks.
- Communication. Speak, listen and write in a clear, confident, respectful, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency. Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Cope effectively with complexity and change.
- Leadership. Mobilize teams, lead by example, inspire others to achieve.
- Proactivity/Enthusiasm/Persistence. Act without being told what to do. Passionate and excited over work. Can-do attitude. Tenacious and goes the distance to get something done.
- Supervised by:Hamilton Project Manager
- Supervises: Volunteers and Interns
- Post-secondary degree in Environmental Studies, Geography, Political Sciences, or other relevant fields of study
- 2 years’ work/volunteer experience working with people in areas of sustainability, urban planning, municipal policy, environmentalism, or community engagement
- Experienced in workshop facilitation, community engagement, and report writing
- Graphic design (an asset)
- CPR/First Aid (an asset), Valid Ontario Driver’s License (an asset)
- Working from Evergreen’s Community Storefront, 294 James St North, Hamilton, ON
- Occasional work at Evergreen Brickworks, 550 Bayview Ave, Toronto, ON
- Occasional outdoor work, including in inclement weather
Terms of contract:
- Contract Part Time Hourly
- Rate of Pay $20/hr
- 24 hours per week, including evening and weekend hours as needed
- Start Date: August 2, 2016
- End Date: July, 2017
Cover letters and resumes can be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Reference “Hamilton Program Assistant” in the subject line
By Mail to Attention: Human Resources
Centre for Green Cities, Suite 300
Evergreen Brick Works, 550 Bayview Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M4W 3X8
Evergreen welcomes applications from persons of diverse backgrounds and is an equal opportunity employer.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Evergreens Accommodation policy. Applicants please make your needs known in advance.
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be notified. No phone calls please.