Application Deadline: December 12, 2016
Start date/term of position: Short Term Contract
Overview: Are you the master of the administration that is required in a fast-moving organization? Do you take pride in providing accurate and timely support to a professional team? Do you have a firm tract record of success in a vital administrative role? If so, we would like to hear from you.
The Fundraising Assistant will be responsible for performing a wide variety of administrative duties in support of the Development Team.
Fundraising Account Support
o Support the creation of funder presentations and proposals
o Complete research for prospect profiles and prepare briefing notes
o Support account milestones, including interim and annual reports
o Support event logistics and planning
o Track incoming revenue and update donor database
o Coordinate internal and external meetings
o Take and transcribe meeting minutes
o Compile and distribute meeting packages and minutes
o Prepare thank you letters
o Maintain donor records, facilitate couriering, mailing and expenses
Models Evergreen’s Core Values: Collaboration, Innovation, Accountability, Systems Approach
• Attention to detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks.
• Communication. Speak, listen and write in a clear, confident, respectful, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
• Customer-focus. Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external customers/donors to meet or exceed their expectations and receives positive feedback from internal and external customers/donors.
• Flexibility/adaptability. Flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency. Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Cope effectively with complexity and change.
• Proactivity/Enthusiasm/Persistence. Act without being told what to do. Passionate and excited over work. Can-do attitude. Tenacious and goes the distance to get something done.
• Calm under pressure. Demonstrate composure in stressful situations.
• Outstanding administrative and time management skills
• Strong verbal and written communications skills required
• Proven ability in use of MS Office to generate creative and compelling documents
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills required
• Works independently
• Solid knowledge of fundraising practices, procedures and standards an asset
• Education/training in fundraising an asset
• Experience with Raisers’ Edge or similar donor database management system an asset
Terms of contract:
Start Date - Immediate
Short Term Contract – 2 months
Part-time - approximately 20 hours per week
Rate of Pay - $15.00 per hour
Cover letters and resumes can be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Reference “Fundraising Assistant” in the subject line
By Mail to Attention: Human Resources
Centre for Green Cities, Suite 300
Evergreen Brick Works, 550 Bayview Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M4W 3X8
Evergreen welcomes applications from persons of diverse backgrounds and is an equal opportunity employer.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Evergreens Accommodation policy. Applicants please make your needs known in advance.
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be notified. No phone calls please.