School Board Collaborations & Services
Since 2001, Evergreen has been partnering with school boards across Canada to transform their school grounds into areas of green learning and community activity. Through a combination of innovative designs, training programs and policy development, we help students, staff and members of the community bring their school grounds to life.
Evergreen takes a customized approach with each of our school board partners, finding common goals and creating a suite of resources that fits the needs of each board and its member schools. We also draw on our extensive experience to ensure every project is well-planned and sustainable.
With the support of a local expert from our national network, you can receive assistance with:
- Approvals processes – creating clear lines of communication and accountability within the school board
- Guidance through a participatory design process – resulting in coordination between the school board, school administrators, facilities staff, external suppliers, parents and the broader community
- Planning support for project installations – preventing costly mistakes in school-ground modifications and creating high-quality, safe and lasting project designs
- Design guidelines – providing clarity for all project stakeholders and creating significant efficiencies
- Education and training – supporting schools in the use of and care for their new spaces, and providing the motivation for engaging students in both.
Evergreen currently collaborates with 13 school boards and districts across Canada, as well as the Nova Scotia Department of Education and Early Childhood Development. Through these relationships, we can reach nearly one million children through school-ground transformations.
For a glimpse at what is possible, check out our Case Studies.
Interested in collaborating with us? Learn more about our design services.
To inquire about Evergreen support for your school board, please contact Debby Martin at 1-888-426-3138 x259.