Community Solutions Network
Strengthening a culture of change and innovation in communities across the country.
The Community Solutions Network is a new platform for communities to connect and build a national centre of excellence in open smart cities. Led by Evergreen, this program of Future Cities Canada is a community-centric platform, serving every type of Canadian community: big, mid-sized, Indigenous, small and northern.
As the project lead we are working with OpenNorth and partners to provide valuable information, learning opportunities and advisory services in key areas of data and technology for municipal and community leaders, helping to improve the lives of residents.
The program runs parallel to the Government of Canada’s Smart Cities Challenge to amplify its impact and objectives to create more liveable, inclusive communities.
How we work with you:
We make information about smart cities issues and approaches available and accessible to everyone. We provide advice and share knowledge, lessons learned and best practices related to complex emerging smart cities issues and experience in Canada and around the world (eg. data management, privacy and security).
We help communities talk to the right people and find the right partners. We tap into existing networks or create new ones to reach and work with communities and stakeholder from all sectors, and facilitate connections and conduct active matchmaking between communities and stakeholders.
What we offer:
- Advisory services: We provide personal support by sharing knowledge, expertise, experience and guidance to municipal and community leaders to build internal capacity and navigate the open smart cities landscape on relevant topics such as technology, data management, security, privacy, procurement, public engagement, outcomes-based project planning, etc. Advisory service is currently being offered to Smart Cities Challenge finalists with a focus on “community-readiness” resources and personalized support. A second intake will engage with a wider group of communities, in addition to Smart Cities Challenge finalists, into spring-summer 2019.
- Event-based programs: We provide advisory and capacity building resources and supports in all regions across the country and in communities of every size through a series of Regional Idea Camps, Collision Days and Roundtables. In addition to our numerous local and regional events, the second annual Future Cities Canada Summit taking place in November 2019, will bring together community leaders and urban innovators from every corner of the country. Events begin late spring 2019.
- Community Solutions Portal: An online resource for community stakeholders in general to support numerous smart cities capacity building opportunities. Explore it today.
How to get involved:
If you are a resident or municipal leader looking to learn more about open smart city approaches for your community, or have a business or organization that can offer support in this sphere, join us at one of the upcoming events across the country or connect with us directly:
- For general program inquiries contact: Robin Buxton Potts | Officer, Community Engagement | Evergreen | firstname.lastname@example.org | 416-596-1495 x 320
- For media inquiries contact: Renee Tratch | Senior Manager, Public Relations| Evergreen | email@example.com | 416-596-1495 X 273
- For partnership opportunities contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the fall of 2018, the Government of Canada announced that Evergreen was selected to receive up to $4.6 million in funding over two years from the Smart Cities Community Support Program. Smart Cities Community Support Program to provide knowledge, expertise, experience and the guidance communities of all sizes need to build internal capacity and navigate the smart cities landscape. As the project lead, Evergreen is working with OpenNorth and partners who will also support current finalists and future applicants of the Smart Cities Challenge in advancing their thinking, developing strong final proposals.
With funding provided by: