Community Solutions Network
Strengthening a culture of change and innovation in communities across the country.
The Community Solutions Network is designed to help communities build service area capacity and improve the lives of residents using data and connected technology approaches. We help communities navigate the smart cities landscape. Our focus includes such topics as security, data, procurement, governance, and public engagement. The Network is a program of Future Cities Canada, led by Evergreen with Open North and a national community of partners.
As the project lead we are working with Open North and partners to provide valuable information, learning opportunities and advisory services in key areas of data and technology for municipal and community leaders, helping to improve the lives of residents.
The program runs parallel to the Government of Canada’s Smart Cities Challenge to amplify its impact and objectives to create more liveable, inclusive communities.
Visit the Community Solutions Portal to learn more about this program.
How we work with you:
We make information about smart cities issues and approaches available and accessible to everyone. We provide advice and share knowledge, lessons learned and best practices related to complex emerging smart cities issues and experience in Canada and around the world (eg. data management, privacy and security).
We help communities talk to the right people and find the right partners. We conduct active matchmaking by facilitating connections between collaborators from all sectors and communities.
What we offer:
- Advisory services: We provide personal support by sharing knowledge, expertise, experience and guidance to municipal and community leaders to build internal capacity and navigate the open smart cities landscape on relevant topics such as technology, data management, security, privacy, procurement, public engagement, outcomes-based project planning, etc.
- Virtual events: We provide advisory and capacity building resources and supports all regions across the country through a series of Virtual Collision Days. These match-matching and capacity-building events connect emerging technology companies with community leaders. Start-ups will get the valuable feedback so critical in the early development stages, while community leaders will have the chance to preview the technologies under development that may help serve the needs of their residents. Through peer-to-peer knowledge exchange and access to key resources on topics related to the future of smart cities, participants will gain valuable tools and create the important connections to advance their community’s needs.
- Community Solutions Portal: An online resource for community stakeholders in general to support numerous smart cities capacity building opportunities. Explore it today.
How to get involved:
If you are a resident or municipal leader looking to learn more about open smart city approaches for your community, or have a business or organization that can offer support in this sphere, join us at one of the upcoming events across the country or connect with us directly:
- For general program inquiries contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For media inquiries contact: Renee Tratch | Senior Manager, Public Relations| Evergreen | email@example.com | 416-596-1495 X 273
- For partnership opportunities contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the fall of 2018, the Government of Canada announced that Evergreen was selected to receive up to $4.6 million in funding over two years from the Smart Cities Community Support Program. Smart Cities Community Support Program to provide knowledge, expertise, experience and the guidance communities of all sizes need to build internal capacity and navigate the smart cities landscape. As the project lead, Evergreen is working with OpenNorth and partners who will also support current finalists and future applicants of the Smart Cities Challenge in advancing their thinking, developing strong final proposals.
With funding provided by: