In our efforts to foster a sustainable food system, Evergreen Brick Works and our partners are committed to the following:
- Regional and Seasonal Support the connection between rural and urban communities, and promote the benefits of eating and growing local foods.
- Artisanal Collaborate with local artisan producers to support small-scale food production and traditional preservation methods.
- Accessibility A farmers’ market and food programs that are accessible to diverse audiences.
- Economic and Environmental Impact Educate and empower individuals to be part of a food system that is socially equitable, ecologically sustainable and economically viable.
- Health Promotion Demonstrate the link between food and health, and promote healthy lifestyles through outdoor education, physical activity, nutrition and healthy eating.
- Food Culture Celebrate food traditions and cultural diversity.
- Innovation Foster and celebrate innovation at our farmers’ market and in the design and delivery of our food programs.
- Education Create an experiential, hands-on approach to the delivery of our food programs.
- Collaborative Infrastructure Build relationships with other like-minded organizations and community groups, as well as the community at large.
- Replicable Models Develop food programs that can be replicated locally and nationally.