How many guests can Evergreen Brick Works accommodate?
Our events team can help determine what space will best suit your event. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I hold an outdoor event?
What time does my event have to end?
Music and bar service will end at the contract closing time negotiated with your event manager and no later than 1am.
Where do our guests park their vehicles?
Evergreen has approximately 350 parking spots. Parking fees are $6/spot on weekdays and $8/spot on weekends. Please note that the venue rental fee does not include parking fees and these must be paid separately. Prepaid parking can be arranged. Prepaid parking is $10/spot during the week and $12/spot on weekends.
If you would like to use an alternative mode of transportation for your event Evergreen can assist in the coordination of bus, shuttle, taxis, limos services, etc.
Are your facilities wheelchair accessible?
Yes, all our event spaces and main washrooms are wheelchair accessible.
Is photography permitted?
A photography permit for the Evergreen Brick Works is included in the venue rental fee. This permit is valid for the day of your event. Please make sure to communicate photography plans to your event manager to ensure that you will have access to the spaces that you would like to take photos in.
If you are not hosting an event at Evergreen Brick Works a photography permit for the site is $350 (HST included). The permit is for a maximum of 2 hours for external shots only. For all photography enquiries, please email email@example.com. Include your full name and the date and time of photo shoot. For more information, please visit our Photography Permits page.
Are we able to bring in our own caterer?
Evergreen is proud to partner with Belong Catering, our resident caterer. With this partnership Evergreen has launched its own food and beverage program that is sourced from local growers and uses the highest sustainable culinary practices for events at Evergreen Brick Works.
Is your venue licensed?
Evergreen Brick Works is licensed by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO). Alcoholic beverages are served in accordance with the AGCO, Monday–Sunday from 11am–1am (last call is at 12:45am and cleared of all alcohol by 1:45am). Evergreen’s servers, bar staff and event management are Smart Serve certified.
Facility Rental and Services
Our Facility Rental and Services pricing includes your venue rental, security, venue manager, cleaning, music fees and photography permit.
For all events the Client shall, at its sole cost and expense, obtain Commercial General Liability Insurance with limits of not less than $5,000,000 per occurrence and general aggregate.
Standard internet is complimentary. Additional internet bandwidth options are available for a fee.
What limitations apply to decor?
Please note that in order to protect the heritage of Evergreen Brick Works’ buildings Evergreen do not allow:
- Posting, nailing, taping or tacking anything to any of the walls;
- The use of non-dripless candles (candles must be dripless);
- The use of linens and fabric that are not flame-retardant;
- The use of confetti, flower petals or balloons;
- Equipment and décor to stay on site at the end of the function. All equipment and décor must be dismantled at the end of the function.
Any installation of a tent or other freestanding structure must be arranged through your Evergreen Event Manager.
Evergreen Brick Works has restrictions on signage. Please discuss your signage needs with your Evergreen’s Event Manager.
Pyrotechnics of any kind are not permitted.
Can the site be used for both wedding ceremonies and receptions?
The Frances & Tim Price Terrace cab be added on to either one of these venues to provide an additional option for a ceremony. Availability of the terrace varies depending on the season.
Are there rooms for the bridal party’s use?
Yes, we can provide one of our meeting rooms on the second floor of the Centre for Green Cities for the bridal party’s use based on availability.
Can I host a birthday party?
Visitors who wish to hold informal birthday gatherings in one of our outdoor spaces, are welcome to do so. This does not include program areas such as Chimney Court or the Pavilions, which are reserved for Evergreen use. Additionally, please note that indoor birthday parties are prohibited in the Young Welcome Centre and Building 14 (Marketplace).
We ask that all site users respect the following guidelines:
- Users are responsible for the proper management of their own garbage and other waste materials.
- We adhere to a “Pack In, Pack Out” policy: whatever you bring with you to the site, you are expected to take with you when you leave.
- Visits to the site should take place during regular operating hours: Monday–Friday 9am–5pm, Saturday 8am–5pm, Sunday and Holidays 10am–5pm.
- Respect other users of the site, including Evergreen programming and special events.
- Please make contingency plans in case of rain. There is no extra indoor space available, and the area is susceptible to flooding. All visitors will be asked to evacuate the site immediately in the event of a flood situation.
- Please do not bring balloons. They tend to remain on site, and become an environmental hazard.
- Evergreen Brick Works is a public site on land managed by the City of Toronto, and is subject to city bylaws. Alcohol is not permitted in non-licensed or outdoor areas.
Is there free wi-fi?
What is the last day for a final guest count?
Your final guest count is required at least 10 days prior your event.
Who are your suppliers?
We take pride in supporting local vendors, contributing to the growth of the local economy, as well as respecting the environment.
- Catering: Belong Catering
- A/V: Firedog, Epiq Vision
- Rentals: Chairman Mills, Divine Furniture Rentals, Contemporary Furniture Rentals
- Staffing: Leave It To Us
- Security: Sentinel Security