Sprouts Parent and Tot Play
Join us for an exploration of place-based learning for the early years. Registration is open now!
Evergreen is thrilled to announce the return of in-person Children’s Programs at Evergreen Brick Works! Evergreen is currently offering a Fall Session of Sprouts. See our program details below.
Join us for an exploration of place-based learning for the early years. Based out of our award-winning Children’s Garden, this year-round, immersive, hands-on program is for caregivers and their toddlers, ages 2-4. Spend your mornings discovering the changing seasons and sensory awareness.
Through active outdoor play, hands-on activities using natural materials, and an emphasis on place-based discovery via stories and songs, our Sprouts programs give
s your early learner the opportunity to develop their fine and gross motor skills, interact with other children and families, explore, and develop foundational ecological connections in an unrivalled setting.
Two program streams are available for the Fall 2022 session:
On Wednesdays, our Sprouts Land-based stream will focus on land-based learning and stewardship. The program features storytelling, nature walks and exploration, connecting participants to the wild side of the Brick Works campus. Our skilled facilitators will share plant knowledge, place-based stories and sensory-rich placemaking activities focused on supporting participants in getting their hands dirty and giving back to our magical site.
On Fridays, our Sprouts Songs and Senses stream will focus on child centered learning through music, craft and play. Weaving together experiences geared at engaging the whole child in compelling nature-based narratives, this stream focuses on building deep connections between participants and the Brick Works campus. Our skilled facilitators will share local ecological knowledge through a creative lens in this playful expression and place-based connection.
Sprouts registration opens on August 30, 2022 at 9am
- Ages 2-4
- Available all year round (fall, winter, and spring)
- Wednesday and Friday mornings
- Seasons run for nine weeks
- Programs are 1.5 hours in length
- Sprouts Parent and Tot Handbook
Wednesdays October 5 – November 30 (Land-based Stream)
Fridays October 7 – December 2 (Songs and Senses Stream)
Winter and Spring dates and registration information to be announced in Fall 2022.
8:00 am to 9:30 am
- $290 per 9-week session*
*Please note, fees are for the entire session, not on a day-by-day basis unless otherwise specified. We will not refund fees for days missed and any day missed cannot be made up. Please see our refund policy below.
Please note, we have limited capacity for this program. Thanks for your understanding and please feel free to sign up for our waitlists should your desired program be full.
- All campers are highly recommended to wear non-medical masks in all indoor spaces, including washrooms
- Covered outdoor spaces will be prioritized for eating, however, eating may occur indoors due to inclement weather.
- If a camper falls ill while at camp, they will be placed in an isolated indoor or outdoor area with camp staff. Caregivers will be contacted to pick up their camper immediately. The caregiver will be asked to take the child to a COVID-19 assessment center to be tested. If a negative result is confirmed the child will be allowed to return to camp, once symptoms have resolved for 24 hours.
- Please reach out to email@example.com to notify the camp team should you or your camper stay home if feeling ill or sick.
- Evergreen reserves the right to cancel a registration due to the introduction of an updated vaccine policy informed by recommendations made by Toronto Public Health, the Government of Ontario and/or the Ontario Camps Association. In this circumstance, a refund minus the non-refundable registration deposit will be issued.
Upon registering you will be charged the full amount of $290 for your 9-week session to secure your spot.
No refunds will be issued if a reservation is cancelled by a participant within 21 days of the session's start date. Otherwise, camp fees are refundable, less a $60 administration fee. Please note, registrations are non-transferable.
Refunds (less the registration deposit of $60) will be issued should Evergreen cancel camp days due to changing public health regulations or COVID-19 related closures. Evergreen retains the right to change our refund policy without notice to adapt to the evolving public health situation.
Requests for cancellations or refunds must be made in writing and submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Evergreen offers full and partial bursaries for our Children’s Programs. For more information on eligibility and to apply, contact our camp office at email@example.com.
For more information, we strongly encourage you to write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For urgent inquiries, you can reach us at 416-596-1495 x 252.
If you are a school or other group planning on visiting Evergreen Brick Works, please review our Information for Visiting Groups (PDF 58kb) before your visit.
Evergreen is a national not-for-profit dedicated to making cities flourish. Children’s camp revenues help support our children’s programs including the Visiting Schools Program as well as the free community programming on weekends at Evergreen Brick Works. We appreciate your support in continuing to offer these community programs to children in Toronto.
Evergreen is proud to be accredited by the Ontario Camps Association. The OCA works to preserve, promote and enhance the camp experience for children and adults. Evergreen has voluntarily submitted to an independent appraisal completed by camp experts and has met up to 300 health, safety and quality program standards, from staff qualifications and training to emergency management. OCA Accreditation is a parent's best evidence of a camp’s commitment to health and safety.