FAQs: Everything You Need to Know for Drop, Swap & Shop
Planning on joining us at our Drop, Swap & Shop on April 23rd but don't know what to expect? We've got you covered with this helpful guide!
- Admission is $5 at the door. If you drop your items off in advance, the admission is $2.
- Please note there is a 25 item maximum. We will NOT accept any more than 25 items. You will be asked to bring additional items home.
- 1 item = 1 swap ticket. Each item dropped has equal value.
- Please read the list of unacceptable items. These include but are not limited to: dirty, ripped or soiled clothing items, underwear and swimsuit bottoms, car seats or helmets, clothing with missing buttons or broken zippers, products that expire (toiletries, cleaning products, food), household chemicals, plush toys and large appliances or large furniture.
- Show up with nothing to swap? There is a $10 entry fee which will get you entry and 5 tickets.
Advance Drop Off Times:
(in Fido Kitchen in the Young Welcome Centre)
- Sunday, October 15, 10am-3pm
- Thursday, October 19, 5:30pm-7:30pm
- Friday, October 20, 5:30pm-7:30pm
- Saturday, October 21, 10am-1pm
FAQs for SWAP
Will you have plus-size clothing, designer goods or vintage dresses?
Hopefully! It’s all in the luck of what is dropped off. Considering the shapes and styles of the people that visit Evergreen Brick Works, anything is possible!
Can I drop off a used bike?
Yes you can. But it will be donated to Bike Works, our community bike shop. You will be given 1 swap ticket for 1 bicycle.
Is there drop-off parking available?
If you plan on driving to drop things off, you have to pay for parking time at the meters on site. Alternatively, you can take the free shuttle down! If you plan on coming down earlier for the Farmers Market or other event, check the advance drop off times to avoid a second trip.
What should I wear?
Comfortable shoes to walk around our site. To try on items without waiting for a dressing room, wear leggings and tank tops so that you can try on the items over your clothes.
Will there be a place to try on clothes?
Hopefully, we’re working on it but we can’t guarantee it!
How can I show off my items on social media?
What are you doing with the leftover items?
Any items left over will be donated to the Salvation Army.
Proceeds of this event will go towards further community events at Evergreen Brick Works.