Walmart–Evergreen Green Grants
Walmart Canada and Evergreen have partnered to offer this national program, funding community-based initiatives across Canada. Projects supported through the Green Grants program include, but are not limited to:
- Native planting initiatives
- Invasive species removal
- Community food gardens
- Youth-based and intergenerational projects
- Wildlife habitat restoration
- Aquatic stewardship projects
- Environmental workshops and educational events
- Community skills sharing workshops
- Projects serving underserved communities
Amount offered: grants of $10,000, $5,000, and $3,750 are available (up to 50% of the total project budget)
The 2014 deadline is Monday, February 24, 5pm. Hard copy applications must be received in our office by this time, and late applications will not be accepted.
Available to Canadian community groups and non-profit organizations working on community development and environmental initiatives such as those listed above.
- Eligible groups must be working collaboratively with a local municipality, institutional or other project partner(s).
- Projects must be located on publicly accessible lands.
- Previous grant recipients are welcome to apply again. There is no preference given to previously granted organizations and all applications will go through the same review process.
- Projects developed on land belonging to a public school board are only eligible for funding through the Toyota Evergreen Learning Grounds funding program.
Eligible expenses include:
- Native plant material (plants, trees, shrubs, wildflowers)
- Gardening supplies and tools and other building materials
- Educational and communication materials
- Volunteer expenses
- Health and safety supplies
- Wages, salaries, honoraria and professional consulting services (up to 20% of Green Grant funding requested)
For a full list of what’s eligible and what’s not, please see our Application Guide below.
How To Apply
- Please review the Application Guide and our Proposal Writing Tips for essential information on completing your application.
- 2014 Walmart–Evergreen Green Grants Application Form (Word DOC, 1.1 MB)
- 2014 Walmart–Evergreen Green Grants Application Guide (PDF, 397 KB)
- Fill out the application, attach all required materials, and submit your hard copy application by mail or courier. Faxed and emailed applications will not be accepted.
- Your hard copy application must be received in the Evergreen office by February 24, 5pm. Late applications will not be accepted.
Grant Recipient Responsibilities
If your project is selected, you will be asked to:
- Obtain all necessary permits and approvals
- Submit photos, news clippings, receipts and a final report to Evergreen
- Agree to participate, if requested, in the promotion of your project locally and/or nationally (e.g. press release or press event)
If you have further questions, please contact:
In Toronto: 416-596-1495 x312
Toll-free: 1-888-426-3138 x312